AE Publications is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This privacy notice describes how AE Tuition, the data controller for AE Publications, collects, uses and protects your information. We are registered with the ICO and our registration number is ZA085132.
How we collect your information
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us, such as if you enquire or purchase goods. We may collect information about you online through our website, via email, the post, over the telephone or from discussions with you.
The type of information we hold
The type of information we hold will include:
- Personal information – name, address, contact telephone numbers, email addresses.
- Financial Information – payment card number, expiry data and security code.
- Transaction history – a history of all the products you have purchased from us.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
- We process your personal information for the legitimate interest to provide you with the information you requested and information on our products.
- We process your personal information to process your order and deliver your purchase to you in order to fulfil the contract.
- Where you have subscribed we process your personal information to provide you with our newsletter.
- We process your personal information and transactions for the legitimate interest of monitoring your transactions as it is necessary for us to monitor all transactions to best understand our customers and our product ranges.
- Where you have not opted-out, we will process your personal information for the legitimate interest of sending you information about other products and services, but we will always offer you the right to opt-out of future communications.
Who we will share your information with
Some of your information is stored by our IT suppliers who host our websites and applications. Our suppliers are bound by EU privacy law and the terms of the contracts include the enhanced General Data Protection Regulation terms and clauses.
We will not share personal information with any other organisation unless we are legally required to do so.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by AE Tuition or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. Where you have not made purchase, we will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you. Where we have had no interaction with you for a period of two years we will delete your data.
Where you have created an account or made a purchase, we retain your personal information for 7 years.
How you can access your information
You have the right to request access to the information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, please contact the Privacy Manager at email@example.com.
You have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- request your information to be deleted or destroyed and if we can we will but sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons.
If you are not happy how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.co.uk.
How we will tell you about future changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.